Ask Dr. Nurein – How do I know I have gynecomastia?

Gynecomastia is enlarged breast tissue in men and it can range from puffy nipples to enlarged breasts with excess skin. Not all cases of enlarged breast tissue are abnormal, however, if it is affecting the appearance under clothing, or if it is affecting your self-confidence, then you are likely suffering from gynecomastia. Although rare, you might be experiencing physical symptoms from the gynecomastia, including:

  • Discomfort
  • Pain
  • Discharge
  • Enlarged areolas

If you think gynecomastia is what you are suffering from, then you will know, because it can become obvious.

However, if you’d like a professional opinion on your diagnosis, we strongly recommend that you speak with a board-certified surgeon.

Dr. Hassan Nurein is an experienced board-certified cosmetic surgeon who specialises in gynecomastia surgery. He performs hundreds of successful gynecomastia surgery procedures per year.

You can Book a Free Consultation With Dr. Nurein to discuss your condition and find out if what is the best course of treatment for you.

Click here to book your free consultation.

Read more about gynecomastia here, which includes more details about the condition and how it’s treated.


Send us your question at and we will answer it for you in our weekly Ask Dr. Nurein Blog Series.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *