What is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia, also known as enlarged men breasts or man boobs, affects almost 70% of men. The condition is due to enlarged glands, caused mostly by a hormonal imbalance or an accumulation of fatty tissue in the chest area. These lumps sometimes disappear over time but can also continue to grow resulting in what is commonly referred to as ‘moobs’.
How does it work?
Gynecomastia surgery reduces the size of the breast area through liposuction or incision (in same cases both techniques are used), to create a flatter, firmer and better-contoured shape.
- Removes the glandular tissue and/or fat exccess
- Removes any excess skin
- Restores the natural aspect of the chest area
- Anaesthesia: Gynecomastia surgery can be carried out under sedation, local or general anesthesia,.
- Liposuction Technique: Liposuction is one of the treatment methids for gynecomastia, used to remove the excess fat in the chest area surrounding the breast tissue.
- Excision Technique: If glandular breast tissue or excess skin neededs to be removed during the gynecomastia surgery, the surgeon will most likely use the excision technique. This method is also used to reduce the areola and reposition the nipple its natural position.
- Combination of Liposuction & Excision Techniques: Depending on the the individual situation of the patient, both liposuction and excision might be needed to complete the gynecomastia treatment.
I would definitely recommend to othersThe entire experience from start to finish has been superb, I would definitely recommend to others.
Highly recommendedDr.Hassan Nurein has changed my life. This wasn’t my first clinic, but it was the first place I trusted to undergo surgery. Highly recommended.
Very pleased with the results so farI am now 14 weeks post op and am very pleased with the results so far! Dr Hassan Nurein put me at ease and did a great job. Ime still abit sore but the whole healing process can take up to 6 months.